My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

#158 "Easy To Please Theory" By Susan Pearl

I was watching an interview with a dog trainer when the interviewer asked this question,
"Of old dogs and young dogs which are the easier to train"?
The answer was brief and suprising to me.
The trainer answered by stating,  "It doesn't matter.  All dogs train the same if they are willing to please."
Now, I'm no dog but this thought was new to me and I couldn't help but apply the principle of the trainer's statement into other areas of life.
I think that a person can be 'conditioned' for certain behaviors if that person is willing to please.
I think needing approval or valadation has something to do with a person's willingness to please others..
And I think if the willingness to please others, if left unchecked, can lead to a life time of being taken advantage of by unscrupulous people who think nothing of using the willingness of others to their own selfishness with no regard to anyone else but to themself.
Such relationships usually terminate when the person is no longer willing to please others.
This can open the door to a new life of having acceptance by others.
Acceptance for who a person is and not for what that person can do to please another.
This would be a much better and healthier relationship and mutually beneficial to both. 

No comments:

Post a Comment