My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

#132 "Enabling" By Susan Pearl

I don't always know what is right but I do know when something is wrong.
Several new words have emerged into conversations of today.
One of those words is enabling or 'to enable'.
A lot about this subject of 'enabling' has been written and a lot of education has been publicly shared about 'enabling'.
In my opinion "enabling' someone is to nuture an  environment setting for that person to be dependent on the enabler (the one doing the enabling).
A perfectly capable person is not independent and lives a life dependent on others or with an addiction with the support of others.
Other new words can come into play such as 'dysfunctional'.
Another word that is used now more is the word 'co-dependent'.
It is good to understand and have information on these words.
The more people are what they should be the more the ones who are not what they should be will start to stand out.
Like I said I don't always know what is right but I sure know when something is wrong.
'Enabling', 'co-dependency'are not healthy teachings for a family to incorporate as life style.

No comments:

Post a Comment