My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

#142 "Stack 'Em Up" By Susan Pearl

Several years ago I heard the expression,"It's not how you lay 'em down, it's how you stack 'em up".
I had not heard that expression before so I decided to write song about it.
Here are the words to that song:

Saw a friend the other day,
Thats's when I here him say - "It 's not how you lay 'em down it's how you stack 'em up".
And a new thought came through,
Like out of the blue,
That I could have a break through, if only I knew how "to stack 'em up".

Cause when life takes a toll,
It will also show
What we need to know "to stack 'em up".

You've got to stack 'em up and back 'em up those things you know to be true,
You got to have things in line and speak your mind for that break through,
Over and over again some people repeat their past,
For others it gets old real fast,
And they build on what they know will last-they "stack 'em up".

Take two people and have the same situation,
Both are going to get burned,
But for one there will be a lesson learned.
That one will take what is known to be true,
And build on that for a new break through,
Saying "It's not how you lay 'em down it's how you stack 'em up".

So I saw that friend again today,
He asked me, "Are you stacking 'em up the right way?"
I said, "Yes, I am and you can, too,
Why, we can have that break through if only we know how to "stack 'em up'.
Cause it's not how you lay 'em down -it how you stack 'em up".


*(Personal note: I hope some day to have the ability to sing songs I have written on my blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment