My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Saturday, May 7, 2011

#135 "Vivid Memory" By Susan Pearl

It truly is amazing how a vivid memory from over fifty five years ago has been such a teaching tool for me in life.
A person explained to me, when I was the young age of seven years old, the meaning of art.
The person told me that true art is something that every time you look at it you can see something different.
Over the years I have frequently noticed that I can suddenly see something new in a painting for the first time that has been there all the time.
I think as we grow older we notice different things than we did when we were younger.
Maybe that is part of why we can see something new in an old painting that we have enjoyed for many years.
Maybe different times of life that we are going through help us to have a new insight of something in the painting.
For instance, if we are going through a difficult time we may notice what resembles a difficult aspect of a painting that we hadn't ever seen before.
Maybe instead of the beautiful forest we now see a small barren area beside the forest and we would think nothing of beauty could grow there.
During a happy time we may imagine a barren area in the painting of a forest to be the perfect spot for a picnic. 
And we enjoy the diversity of the scene and the contrasts.  We recognize that the contrasts bring a wonderful balance into the work of art.
I am so glad that person took time that day to explain to me as a little girl looking at a painting the meaning of true art.
I think. in a way, that life is a true work of art and at a very young age I was told about an ongoing process of seeing newness in life and the depth of its true beauty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment