My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Monday, May 9, 2011

#137 Grammar Time Tip" By Susan Pearl

I love the English language.  I think it is a beautiful language. I would like to share a few tips that have helped me understand the use of the language.
"Sound Twins" are words that sound exactly alike but mean dfferent things.
Example:  "hear" and " here" are sound twins.
If it has anything to do with sound by the use of our ear the correct word is "hear".
Notice the word "ear" is contained in that "hear" that indicates sound.
Example, "I hear the music."
Now anything else is "here" which designates a place.
Example:  "Please bring it here."
"Here are the papers."
"The weather is nice here."
"Sound Twins"--"Sound Twins---"hear" and "here" are  "Sound Twins".
Example:  "I came here to hear the speaker."

No comments:

Post a Comment