My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

#88 "I Didn't Know" by Susan Pearl

I didn't know at he time that my childhood friend was dying,
I can still see her cherub like face and blonde ringlets hair,
Beautiful big blue eyes and a smile that was ever present,
As a child of eight years old I didn't think anything about playing only indoors at her house,
We played jacks by the hours, even made it to 'around the moon' with our jacks expertise,
Then one day her parents told me she wasn't able to play,
I noticed that as I walked home from school she would look out at me from her upstairs bedroom as I walked by the front of their house,
She was in bed and smiled and waved,
I would stop on the sidewalk and entertain her by doing an old soft shoe,
Or a fake trip to stumble and catch my balance,
She laughed and we would wave,
One day she was gone, then the curtains were drawn,
Mother sat me down and told me she had passed away,
I just didn't know, I didn't know,
The family moved away but I remember her to this day.
Oh, the innocence of childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment