My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Sunday, May 10, 2020

"Old Saying Brings Mother's Day Memory" by Susan Pearl

It is the thought that counts

Today is Mother's Day and I am remembering a Mother's Day about thirty-five years ago.  We were getting ready to go to church when our very young son came into the house from briefly being outdoors. He presented me with a dandelion bouquet for Mother's Day.  It was such a lovely and beautiful moment of true sincerity from a heart filled with love. I pinned the dandelions onto my dress and wore it as a corsage.  Our whole family was very happy and our son was beaming.  After church several people made a special effort to tell me "how much they liked my corsage".  Our son beamed even more as I received the compliments on my corsage.

Yes, the old saying "it is the thought that counts" is so very true.  I cherish that precious thoughtfulness to this "Mother's Day".  "It is the thought that counts".  What a lovely thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment