My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Monday, May 11, 2020

"Old Saying Waits for the Finished Results" by Susan Pearl

The proof is in the pudding

I am from a generation that made pudding from scratch and it was a little hard for me to make consistently well.  I had a tendency to scorch the mixture in the final stages of making it.  Once the pudding was scorched the whole patch of pudding tasted scorched. I found it to be a delicate process and I really didn't know for sure how the pudding would turn out until it was done and I could taste it.

I had every ingredient that I needed.  I had all the ingredients lined up in order on the kitchen countertop.  I had every cooking utensil I needed and a good stove, too.  I had the recipe in front of me.  I had everything I needed but yet I didn't know for sure how the pudding turned out until after I had tasted it.  The proof is in the pudding and the only way to know how it turned out was to taste the pudding after it was done.

In life there are times when everything that is needed for things to go right is there for us.  A smooth and successful outcome should happen but for some reason it doesn't work out that way.  The proof of how things go is how things turn out because the finished outcome is what shows that fact.  The proof is in the pudding.

No comments:

Post a Comment