My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

#64 "Reverence" By Susan Pearl

I was told once the the highest form of respect is reverence.
For some reason I have remembered that statement for many years.
The utmost form of respect is to have and to show reverence.
Can a person have the utmost form of respect --- reverence towards things of this earth?
In my opinion the answer is "Yes".
A person can have reverence for the land, for the work of their hand,
For the life and rights of ourselves and others,
For marriage, for ethics, for treatment of environment and living creatures.
Does haning such reverence take away from giving the proper reverence and exclusive reverence to God.
In my opinion,  "No", this does not take away from true reverence for God.
The reason I say that is because even though a person has reverence for these things and for people,
At the very same time a person recognizes that everything and everyone is owned only by God and the utmost respect for such ownership gives God exclusive sovereignty over all. 
By having reverence for the sovereignty and ownership of God over everything gives true reverence to God while having at the same time the utmost respect for God's creations.
This, in my opinion, is having true reverence and the realization of responsible stewardship of this earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment