My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

#48 "The Best Cake" By Susan Pearl

It isn't that hard to make and bake a cake.
On some years I went to take a cake to a cake walk event,
My "Hot Frost Chocolate Cake" had made me into quite a local celebrity,
And adults would like to win my cake, even though it wasn't hard to make.
But children didn't care which cake they won because it was just as fun,
So the day had come and I wanted my family to also have a cake, I baked them an even easier cake,
So I made one cake from scratch, and one cake from a mix, it was no match
To see both cakes on the kitchen countertop one cake was a hands down winner,
And I know now the family was looking so forward to having a piece of that scratch cake following dinner.
But when it was time my family acted like it was a crime
To take the cake baked from scratch and not look back,
But it was really about me being the "Hot Frost Celebrity",
I made the cakes and I made this family memory- away and out the door their "Hot Frost" cake went,
And it was the topic of conversation as they later ate cake with surprised astonishment,
Because I believe true charity begins in the home and we should first be good to our own,
And I had said this, time and time again, even as I took the best cake away from them.
I told  "no one should be a hypocrite" as I proudly presented the scratch cake at the cake walk event.

No comments:

Post a Comment