My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Thursday, November 4, 2021

"Chasing the Evidence Race" by Susan Pearl (Thursday mystery blog #12)

Garrett:  Nate, you are in with the big time heavy hitters.  Maze would kill you in a heartbeat if he knew you set up Lana for Hanna to murder her. You better get out while you can.

Nate: It doesn't take Maze to actually know I set Lana up to meet Hanna for him to want to take me down. Maze wants to kill me just because he's so upset that I didn't call him when I told that Lana was meeting someone else. He says I broke our friendship by not calling him.  I hear that every day. I know that if it was up to him that he would want me out of the picture. In fact, I'm sure he already made plans to do just that.

Garrett:  Knowing all this, you're still not running or getting out? 

Nate: You've got it.

Garrett: Well, you must to be in real close, like playing footsie-footsie, with the top tier.

Nate: You've got it.

Garrett:  You can't trust them. What about Maze making plans with them to do you in?  Are they keeping you informed so you know when it is time for you to dress the part of being taken to a funeral home? You would want to dress up for that, wouldn't you?

Nate: Very funny. Let's just say....no, on second thought, let's don't...I've said enough.

Garrett: Let's just say you are not worried about it so you know you are not the one who is going to be taken out.

Nate:  Let's just say I'm not the one who needs to be dressed for the occasion of being taken to an undertaker.

Garrett:  Who's going down?  Is it Maze?  Is Maze making a plan that is going to backfire on him?

Nate: I'm not answering that. Just how dumb do you think I am, anyway?

Garrett:  If you stay in with these people ..pretty dumb.

Nate:  They respect me.

Garrett; No they don't.  They are going to use you and then throw you away.  That's how they work and you aren't even aware of it, Nate. You better get aware of it and the faster the better. Tell me .who is the head of the organization in this area?  Give it up! Now's your chance to get out. Tomorrow might be too late and I won't be able to help you then, not at all. 

Nate: WOO! you talkin' like a tough guy, like one tough dude.

Garrett:  That's it. The  Achille's heel talk has just activated in me to become your own worst enemy.  Let's just say I know enough to be dangerous and my sister doesn't know a thing about you. But I know you lied to Lana about having special evening with Maze. What I know isn't dangerous to me but it sure is dangerous to you. I am "your" Achille's heel.


To be continued: Tomorrow

 

No comments:

Post a Comment