My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Wednesday, November 3, 2021

"Chasing the Evidence Race" by Susan Pearl (Wednesday mystery blog #11)

Garrett: Well, it's like this.  I know you have been lying to me. I know you know Maze and you know that I  know that.  So let's put that behind us and let's talk about another lie you have told.  Only this lie you have told it over and over again not only to me but to a whole lot of other people, too. including the police.

Nate: What do you mean?

Garrett: I went back to J.J.'s Jewelry and talked with Jade, the owner.  I asked her if Lana had ever worn a piece of jewelry that she had just bought out of the store before.  She  told me "no" that was the first time she had ever worn the jewelry right away and left the store wearing it.

Nate: So, big deal.

Garrett:  I think Lana was told by you that Maze wanted to meet her for a night on the town.  You told her that as soon as she was through making her purchase you were going to take her to the coffee shop where she would meet Maze and the evening was going to be a very special one for her and him to enjoy. Probably you told her that Maze had made reservations at several places and he would be bringing her back to her apartment after their night of fun and romance. Lana would not have ever worn that necklace to meet Hanna! But she would have wanted to wear her beautiful necklace for such a wonderful night with Maze.

Nate: This is crazy.

Garrett; Lana was lured to meet Hanna by you telling her Maze wanted to meet Lana at the coffee shop to have a special night together.  Lana didn't ever tell you she wanted to be left off  at the coffee shop to meet a friend.  You have lied about that so much that I think you have convinced yourself that is it the truth but it's not and far from it. So when you left Lana off you knew she was going to meet Hanna and not Maze.  That tells me you and Hanna were in on this together but why?

Nate: I don't know a thing about it. You're the expert or you sure do think you are.

Garrett: You knew Maze had the envelope that had a letter in it that would exonerate Hanna but you set back and watched at a distance to not involve yourself in any way with Hanna.  I think Hanna got word to you to make up a lie. It would look better for her if you would say that Lana wanted to meet her at the coffee shop and for you to leave her off there. That way Hanna could convince others of her wanting justice by confronting Lana about the blackmailing and knowing the true identity of the serial killers. Hanna would lie that Lana became confrontational and Hanna had to kill her in self defense. Hanna had every intention of murdering Lana because she even tried to make it look like Lana's murder was done by the serial killer.  If people knew that Lana had been tricked and lured when taken by you to meet Hanna under such false pretenses it would prove a conspiracy between you and Hanna with prior intentions of Hanna murdering Lana. You told Lana that Maze had planned a special evening for the two of them and that he had asked you to leave her off at coffee shop because that is where he would be waiting for their special night to begin. That is why Lana wore the necklace. She thought she and Maze were going to have a night on the town. But she must have felt a little uneasy because that is why she took a picture of you.  She wanted to show your face for a reference to herself for her wonderful evening or for a reference for others to see her chauffeur.  I wish she would have followed any uneasy instincts instead of being carried away with the thought of Maze planning a special evening just for her and him.  I think she was excited for him to see the special necklace she was wearing for their night to remember on the town. I think she thought she could trust you and that calmed any uneasiness she had to not be taken back to her apartment by you.  She knew she would be perfectly safe with Maze taking her to her apartment.

Nate: I think I've heard enough of this.  Just drop it.

Garrett: What if I don't?

Nate: Believe it or not that there has already been a serious discussion as to what may be done if you make too big of nuisance of yourself.

Garrett: Oh, really?

Nate: Yes, really.

Garrett: What was brought up in the discussion?

Nate: That everyone has an Achille's heel.

Garrett: An Achille's heel? 

Nate: Yep.

Garrett: What do they think my vulnerable area is?

Nate: They know "exactly" where your weak spot is.

Garrett:  Oh, they do. What do they think my Achille's heel is?

Nate: They think your Achille's heel is your sister. And, that's all I'm going to say about it.


to be continued: Tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment