My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Wednesday, November 24, 2021

"Chasing the Evidence Race" by Susan Pearl (Wednesday. mystery blog #21)

 Garrett stays at his sister's apartment for two weeks.  Each day the news is filled with reports about all of the investigation and arrests going on throughout the city. The news even makes it to be reported on a national level. The headlines in the daily newspaper reads: No More "Guaranteed Confidentially Rule" Wire Transfers Allowed by Banking Commision to Start Immediately)

Gini: That's quite a headline. I think the whole worldwide organization operation has been affected in a big way.

Garrett: I do, too.

Gini: What are you thinking?

Garrett: Believe it or not I am thinking of a corn beef on rye with a touch of mayo.

Gini: What?

Garrett: This investigation has been so intense, so pressure packed that I am remembering the last time I really had a good laugh. It was at a restaurant and the waitress, named Tam, made me laugh. That felt so good and it was fun. I think I'm going for lunch there today. Want to come along?

Gini: No. How are you going out for lunch with police protection?

Garrett: I'm going to call Miles and tell him I don't think it is necessary for me anymore. They say there has been 32 arrests made and the city is looking normal again with video surveillance cameras back in place in most businesses.

Gini: Are you going back full time to manage your security business?

Garrett; I can't say for sure. The people in place are doing a good job and business is good and profitable. I'm beginning to think they don't need me.  All of them have really stepped up to the plate and like getting a percentage of the profits in their paychecks each month. I tried to be fair with them for running a smooth operation without me.

Gini: I'm actually thinking of taking some time off. I would like to travel and take a break from my law firm.

Garrett: Looks like both of us are at some kind of crossroad in life at the same time.

Gini: Call Miles and tell him that we are thinking it is time that we don't need police protection.  Tell him I am getting a passport and will be traveling for a couple of months.

(Garrett reaches for his phone to call Miles)

The End.


Hi Readers, 

This concludes my two mystery blogs entitled: "Accidental Date with Fate" and "Chasing the Evidence Race".  

I will be taking a holiday vacation and hope to be back after the first of the year with another mystery blog.

I thank you very much for reading my blog.  There are over 1000 posts so please review and reread some of your favorite blogs.

Wishing you the very best.

Sincerely, 

Susan Pearl

No comments:

Post a Comment