My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Tuesday, November 23, 2021

"Chasing the Evidence Race" by Susan Pearl ( Tuesday, mystery blog #20)

(Nate take a deep breath and clears his throat then says)

Nate: Max killed her.  He drove his motorcycle out there. He had been given orders to get as close to her as he could to monitor what she was doing about wanting to call the banking commission.  He reported to them that she was very serious and she had asked at the bank what would be the procedure to contact the head of the banking system.

Miles; Alright, tell us more.

Nate: Max called me and said everything was in place and I needed to offer Sylvia a ride to Max's house later after work. I was supposed to tell her that Max called and asked me to do that. I went in to buy some wax and I did just that. She was planning on spending the night and didn't want her car sitting outside in front of Max's house overnight. So, she gladly accepted my offer as Max had predicted she would do. She liked her car to be in her garage overnight and not left out in the open because of vandals.

Miles: Keep going, Nate.

Nate: I picked her up at 5:30PM.  She had an overnight bag with her. I told her I wanted to give her a ride in my car and even let her drive it for a while.  She was elated and thought that would be great. It was like you said after we got out the city limits a few miles she thought that was enough of a ride and didn't want to be late for dinner at Max's house. I just kept driving and told her I needed to give the car a good run of highway driving. She called Max and told him she would be a little late for dinner. she said that I told her I needed to blowout the cobs from my car and was hitting it pretty hard with highway driving. Max told her that was fine.

Miles: Where was Max during that conversation?

Nate: He was already there. He was waiting hidden in some bushes. You know the rest. Max shot her and he left. I threw her overnight bag away in a dumpster on my way back to the city. I did look in it and saw a bottle of wine on top of some black lace nightwear. I took out the bottle of wine, didn't want it to go to waste. She had told me that her life had come alive after meeting Max. It was the first time in her life that she felt safe. There was something about being held in his big strong arms she just felt like his strength would always be there to protect her.

Miles: How sad.

Nate: So, that's how it went down.

Miles: Who is the head of the organization in our area? Who is calling the shots?

Nate: Cliff Bayne is the head.  Max and Maze are his hit men.

Miles: You said that Max murdered Sylvia Quade do you have any knowledge or evidence of Maze being the hit man of anyone?

Nate:  Maze killed Gus.  I was there and Max was there. too. We saw it. Maze choked him out. Maze left and we made up the story about walking in together to the bar and grill and Max finding Gus dead on the floor behind the bar. Maze and Cliff took care of all the details and the removal of the body. (Nate hangs his head and says) I'm really feeling sick.

Miles. We'll get you some water and take a break.  I have arrest warrants to issue. Once again, we have the element of surprise on our side. No one should be suspecting that they are going to be arrested within the hour. (Water is brought in for Nate. He leans back in his chair and takes deep breaths and sips some water. Garrett and Miles leave the room.)

Garrett: I don't think you need me for any of the others coming in under arrest.

Miles: No, I will be here all night. I am calling in the FBI branch of the banking system.  We are going to have a full blown clean up and the sooner and faster we get on it the less time they have to cover their tracks.  Do you want police protection?

Garrett: I'll go my sister's apartment and stay there under her protection the rest of the week.

Miles: Good idea. Garrett, you did it. You broke open this case. And this is the most out reaching case I have ever been involved in supervising.

Garrett: I way I see it is that you are the best supervisor this case could ever have. You go the extra mile and will not let one stone left unturned. I'm going now, see you later, Miles. (Miles is on the phone and waves bye to Garrett. Garrett leaves the police station and drives to his sister's apartment)

to be continued: Tomorrow (Wednesday, mystery blog #21)








No comments:

Post a Comment