My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Friday, September 17, 2021

"Accidental Date With Fate" by Susan Pearl ( Friday, #10 mystery blog )

 Marla: It would depend if the actions had to include other people becoming victims for their fantasy needs to be met for experiencing total control as a duel unit.  Also, if both of them lose their individual identities as they morph in the process then the compulsion could run a full range of extreme and unrealistic behaviors. To the degree of the control will be the degree of the compulsion.  As the compulsion is fed by the thrill of it all it becomes stronger and stronger. The control will equally become stronger.  Until such a compulsion will need more and more of a thrill to fill the need for the  excitement and the feeling of having total control. So if both were wanting to see how far they could take the thrill without any limits, if it became fun, then it is only a matter of time before the duel unit will strike and then strike again. Somehow what they want to wear and how they dress for the thrill will play a big part of it all.  It becomes like a ritual.

Garrett: That sounds serious.

Marla: It can be very serious.  But for now I am beginning to feel tired.  At eighty seven I have become like a windup toy.  When it is over I simply have to stop and rest.  I hope you think your visit here has been informative and beneficial in a variety of ways.  I cannot emphasize enough to watch for details.

Garrett:  Oh, yes. I am so glad we came and you have shared a lot of possible insights that we would not have been aware of.  (Gini nods in the affirmative. They both stand and tell Marla thank you..)

Marla: You are both very welcome.

Garrett.  We will see ourselves out. Have a good day and a good rest. Maybe later microwave a piece of birthday cake.

Marla:  I'm one step ahead of you.  I already have it thawed out. Bye and have a good day.

(Garrett And Gini leave the house with Marla locking the front door behind them)

Garrett:(Driving Gini to her office)  Well, that was invigorating.  She is way above our heads but I know we will recall the information.  If ever we are in a setting that she has described we'll be able to recognize it and know what to do. We may not know it now but when that detail is discovered we will know what to do.  Then, hopefully, one thing will lead to another and then to another. 

Gini:  I will be so busy getting everything ready as a court date is being set.  Hope you can pound the pavement.

Garrett:  That's exactly what I am going to do.  I have several different avenues I want to pursue.  We'll keep in touch and see if anything new, or better yet, some evidence can come into the picture.

Gini: That's exactly what we need.

Garrett:  If there is anything to find we are going to find it.

Gigi:  The sooner the better.  They are in fast gear to go forward as soon as the results of the audit are known.

Garrett: I understand and I'm ready to give it my best efforts.

Gigi:  One good thing that came from the newspaper showing a picture of the necklace it that the jewelry store called the police and said they sold the victim the necklace.  The name of the jewelry store is Jerome's Jewelry but it is also known as J. J.'s Jewelry.

Garrett: (writes that information down in the notepad he carries in his shirt pocket)  That sounds like a good place for me to start.  I know the victim's name is Lana Daltine. I'll see what I can find out about her and about her purchasing the necklace.

(Even though Gini has already had an investigator check out the jewelry store she doesn't say one word about it to Garrett.  She wants Garrett to be on his own and go with his own findings and leads.  She gets out of the car now parked in front of her office)

Gini: We both have our work cut out for us.  I know we are both up to the challenge and it will be interesting to see which way this goes. Thanks for the ride and I'll see you in about a week. Until then we'll leave each other messages.

Garrett: Sounds like a plan.

(Gini walks towards her office and Garrett drives away)


To be continued:  On Monday, October 4th----the 11th mystery story blog will be published.


Thank you.

Hope you are enjoying my mystery story blogs.

Best Wishes,

Susan Pearl


No comments:

Post a Comment