My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Wednesday, September 8, 2021

"Accidental Date with Fate" by Susan Pearl (Wednesday)

Vault Man: That's terrible--double terrible....Richard and Henry are gone. That's hard to believe.

Hanna: It's true and what else is true is that I'm the one tied up to be served up for this contrived plot that will consume me and my future and I don't know why. There was nothing to suspect, nothing out of the ordinary.  My thoughts are spinning trying to think of something.

Vault Man: Who would benefit from their death.

Hanna: Their wives but that is not foremost on my mind that is bothering me about this. To me Henry told me first thing this morning that Richard wanted to see me immediately for a private, personal meeting in his office.  I went there.

Vault Man:  What was his reaction when he saw you.

Hanna:  He was very upset to the point of being angry and said that it didn't have to be like this.

Vault Man: No, what was his reaction when you told him that Henry had sent you to see him privately? Or did you say anything about why you came to his office?

Hanna: Oh, I told him that Henry told me he wanted to see me.  It was like a "yes" as he didn't question it.

Vault Man: Why did he ask for you to come to his office privately?

Hanna:  I don't know but he seemed like it was accurate that he had told Henry to tell me to come to his office privately.

Vault Man: And now you don't have Henry to verify that fact.

Hanna: That's the issue! Henry denied it to me. He said he hadn't told me to meet Richard.  He denied and told me I better change my story because it would be his word against mine. Then he called for the police to help him and grabbed at the gun trying to point it towards me. We wrestled and fell to the floor with the gun shooting Henry.  I was arrested and handcuffed and got away and ran in the vault and closed the door in the nick of time.

Vault Man: So Henry denied telling you to meet Richard in his office?

Hanna: Yes, several times.  Both knew it but Henry was the one who denied it.  He was the one who told me Richard wanted to see me.

Vault Man: This is suspicious to me.  It reveals a plot between them and together they wanted to get you to Richard's office.

Hanna:  But why would Richard and Henry want me dead? 

Vault Man:  You had to be some sort of threat to them.  What do you know that they could not allow to be known?

Hanna:  I know nothing!!!

Vault Man: You know more than you think you do. Exactly when did Henry tell you Richard wanted to see you.

Hanna: Henry came to work about a half hour late. He walked in and came to my desk to tell me Richard wanted to see me. He then went to his office and I went to Richard's office.

Vault Man: Strange that it was so urgent and that Henry knew Richard wanted to see you when he came in to work.  Maybe they had talked earlier on the phone.  Cell phone records should show that if that could have happened.

Hanna: What?   Cell phone records?!!

Vault Man: Yes, because maybe it wasn't so much of what you know, but, maybe it is was about what you were going to find out.



to be continued: (tomorrow)








No comments:

Post a Comment