My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Wednesday, September 15, 2021

"Accidental Date With Fate" by Susan Pearl (Wednesday #8 mystery blog)

 Gini;  That's a good question?  But the real question is..."what jewelry?"  Where is it?  It can not be found and there is no evidence of it ever being in the vault room or of Richard looking at it.  So far there isn't any clues and no necklace means no evidence.  And, once again, the prosecution it trying to prove that Hanna is lying about not knowing about the breaking news of the day.  For evidence they went on the public transportation that Hanna takes to work and took pictures inside the bus the same time of her morning route.  From those pictures they counted the opened newspapers with people reading an inside article. They did that for several consecutive days and came up with a daily average. They are saying that Hanna would have seen the front page headlines on her ride to work that morning.  They are saying that Hanna had easy access to seeing that morning's big front page headline news.  That was the top big headline story on the front page that morning.  It even had a picture of the necklace with the headline 'Have You Seen This Necklace"? 

Garrett: How many opened newspapers were there on average.

Gini: Seventeen opened newspapers and they are entering it as evidence.  I am not contesting it because it keeps the avenue of pursuing the necklace a possibility.

Garrett: I don't think I would read the headlines of opened newspapers on a morning bus ride to work. I was surprised they disclosed that information about the necklace yet alone show a picture of it.  They usually keep some information back. 

Gini:  Oh, they have assured me they have held back more than enough information that will identify the killer if they get a good lead.  They are very confident about the information they have held back. As for Hanna, she insists she didn't know anything about the breaking headlines that morning issue of the newspaper.  She says she listens to her headset and watches out the window.  She says she looks as far away as she can otherwise she would get carsick or bus sick in this particular setting.  Which reminds me, here is your copy a waiver with Hanna's signature giving me permission to tell you anything she says to me.  She has refused to waive her right to a speedy trial.  So the trial will start in sixty days or less.  She simply wants to get it over.

Garrett;  What about Hanna having a motive being under investigation that is yet to be revealed?

Gini:  We'll know that later this week when the independent audit of the company logs are done, but it's not looking good.

Garrett:  How serious?

Gini: Let's just say $800,000 serious.  All I know about it so far is that it is some type of embezzlement.  They are working on theories on how Hanna could be involved.  I'm sure they will have something put together by the end of the week.  Hanna denies any involvement with any corporate business matters.

Garrett:  I renewed my private detective license earlier this year not thinking I would use it but I would like to be part of your investigative team.

Gini: Sure!  Just let me know what you are doing and give updates and reports.  Do you have any ideas?

Garrett: I want to know why Richard had set his wristwatch timer. I want to talk casually with Marla Steeples about personality traits of twins and warning signs of violence and serial killers compulsions to kill.  I would, also, like to know why Richard and Henry would not allow any type of surveillance cameras in any of their Dover Brothers Corporation offices, properties or any of their holdings or personal properties.  It seems unusual.  They wouldn't even allow any surveillance camera in the vault.  For as long as I have been in the security business I have not ever seen anything like it. They were emphatic about no surveillance when drawing up the contract for the vault.

Gini:  That is puzzling. Well, Marla Steeples, will be a treasure trove of forensics insight information and she has lots of experience.  She is the retired head forensics pathologist and psychologist of the state.  She also was the lead consultant of the state crime investigators for over twenty years. I say it's worth a try.

Garrett; What can it hurt?

Gini:  When are you seeing Marla Steeples? 

Garrett:  Tomorrow morning.

Gini: I would be very interested to hear what she has to say.

Garrett:  Do you want to come along?

Gini: Yes, I do.


to be continued: tomorrow (bonus mystery blog for Thursday)


Question:

What will Garrett and Gini learn, if anything, from their visit with Marla Steeples?







No comments:

Post a Comment