My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Thursday, September 9, 2021

"Accidental Date With Fate" by Susan Pearl (Thursday)

 Hanna:  I don't see how anything I would know would be of any significance to anyone.  I am a receptionist.  I am not invited to internal meetings, I am totally out of the loop.  I answer calls. I screen calls as requested, I post the message board.  I refer callers to other receptionists of other departments.  Once a week I get the weekly logs of all the receptionists of the different departments.  Then I bring those logs to this vault and I have a key for a special log drawer and I open the drawer and put the weekly logs into the drawer, I close the drawer, lock it and leave.  That's it.  Each receptionist signs off on the logs from their department and I sign off for my department.  I am only responsible for my department.  I don't look at the logs, I don't study them, I don't know anything about them except  I bring them here to the vault drawer once a week on Monday afternoon..  Then the evaluation team leader takes the logs and the review team does the checking of all the logs for duplication, efficiency, cost control and quality assurance.  The results are formulated into a spreadsheet and sent directly to Richard's office.

Vault Man: Would you know if any problems had been reported.

Hanna:  No, Everything is handled by internal managers and supervisors with Henry being the head supervisor...Or  he was the head supervisor. 

Vault Man: Interesting. Do they know that you do not study the logs.

Hanna:  I don't know.

Vault Man: But they do know and they are totally aware that you are the first person in this whole operation who has access to all of the weekly logs from all departments.

Hanna:  I don't think it would even be possible for me to identify anything underhanded by even looking at the logs. The review team are all certified accountants. Yes, I am the only one who has access to all weekly logs before the review team sees them but that doesn't mean anything.

Vault Man: It may mean something to someone who wanted to involve you as being a corporate thief or an embezzlement of some sort or magnitude.  Any ideas who would want to do that to you.  Has anyone asked you any unusual questions or did something unusual that you noticed?

Hanna:  Do you still think it is something I know or do you think it is something I was about to find out?

Vault Man:  I think it is a combination of both!


to be continued: tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment