My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Sunday, February 14, 2021

"Something Beautiful is on the Way" by Susan Pearl

 Oh, it had been the most beautiful plant.  I regularly turned it because it leaned towards the big window.

It was a tall plant and I had staked the long wide center stem.  Then one by one the leaves started falling off.  I noticed the stem had turned yellow and was no longer green and the leaves were falling from that area of  the yellow stem.  So I cut the stem back to the green part in hopes of saving the plant.  There were only five leaves to go and maybe this would stimulate the plant to have more stem growth.  It didn't work as the remainder of leaves fell off and the entire stem turned yellow.  I cut the stem of level to the dirt but to no avail several weeks later it was no different. No new shoots poking through the dirt. I had enjoyed this plant for several years.  I decided to put some artificial leaves in the planter until, with help, I could remove the large planter to the back yard.  The planter did take up quite a bit of room and it just wasn't the same having artificial leaves in front of the window with the sunlight flooding in on it. 

That all happened over two months ago and maybe even three months by now.  Two days ago I was in the kitchen with a cup of coffee and I glanced at the artificial leaves because something looked different.  Yes, three live leaves were rising above and beside the artificial ones.  My, they looked so new, so healthy, so fabulous and so fun.   Something beautiful had been on its way all this time.  I didn't know it but something beautiful was working towards and awaiting to show itself when it could.  I don't know it all happened but I'm sure glad it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment