My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Saturday, February 13, 2021

"Let's Give the Gift of Reading" by Susan Pearl

 I heard something so insightful yesterday while watching a program about children's education. In one of the interviews a person said, " A child learns to read by third grade--then reads to learn.  I thought that was wonderful to know.  I know a famous quote by Einstein says--(paraphrased because I read it years ago but I think it goes something like this)  "...if you want your children to be intelligent read them a fairy tale--if you want your children to be more intelligent read them two fairy tales."

While being at home more with the COVID-19 guidelines let us read to children more and lets help them learn how to read.

I have an opinion that in years to come along with---"a child learns to read by third grade then reads to learn"-- we may, also, say, "I taught children to read and now children have taught me something from what they just read." 

Let's teach children to read every day. It will make a better day for tomorrow in many ways. 

Teach the long and short sounds of the vowels.  Teach the phonetic sound of each letter of the alphabet.  Put them together and watch what happens.  If a child learns how to sound out and read short words today it has been a wonderful day in more ways than one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment