My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Wednesday, February 3, 2021

"I Found the Needle and More" by Susan Pearl

 Last night, before going to bed, I tried to find a needle that I had lost in my chair earlier in the day while working on a craft. I very carefully and meticulously went over the everything in, on and around the chair, (the afghan, the throw plus a few pillows). Then, last but not least, (for sure), I decided to slowly check some creases in the cushion with my hands.  Ouch!!! I found the needle.  The tip of my index finger had been pricked.  I was glad to have found the needle.  I wouldn't have wanted to sit on it.

I wished I could have found it by seeing it but the prick worked fine to find it.  I thought there have been times in my life where I have been shown something by actually seeing it or by being shown it by a mentor showing and explaining it to me.  But there have been other times in life when I have been shown things by pain.  Like the betrayal of someone I held dear.  I was shown how to forgive and how to end a relationship if that needed to be done.  I was shown how not to look back. All these lessons were shown to me by a pain or a hurt experienced by life.  I had to learn to live with what I could not change and not let things or actions or words of others to own me.

So I think that we find things about life and about ourselves both ways---externally and internally.  By being outwardly shown these discoveries and by being shown these discoveries inwardly by pain.

My, all these thoughts came from being pricked by a needle.  Who would have thought it would mean more to me than just discovering the lost needle?  I sure didn't----but it did.  I found the needle and more.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment