My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

"Old Saying Shows why I Ruined a Floor" by Susan Pearl

Can't see the forest because of the trees

There is a big difference of being inside a forest and viewing a forest from several miles away.  Sometimes a person is too close to a situation to see things for what they are.
In my lifetime I can truthfully and honestly say there have been things I thought I could do - when, in fact, I got into something so much bigger and more demanding then I thought it would be and I actually got to be in over my head.
An example of this was when I was young I waxed my hardwood floor weekly.  When the wax buildup became a problem I thought that instead going through the process of wax remover products instead I would rent a sander and lightly sand the floor and that would take off the wax buildup.  The minute I turned on the sander it was too hard for me to handle and I gouged an area of the floor.  The remedy for this turned out to be to carpet the floor.   I had no idea what I was getting into.  I couldn't see the amount of work and skill that would be involved.  I just couldn't see it.  All I could see was the wax buildup and I wanted to take the wax buildup off.  I wasn't seeing how big this undertaking would be.  I was just was too close to it to see what all really would be involved.
If a person doesn't know for sure what all is involved maybe ask someone with experience or have a consultant tell you what all would be involved.  Then you can see the forest and have a clear view of what you are really getting into.


No comments:

Post a Comment