My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Friday, April 24, 2020

"Old Saying Shows What is Good News" by Susan Pearl

No news is good news


When I read in the local newspaper that a family pet cat was missing I studied the picture of the cat and became aware of the missing cat situation.  It was news.  All of the cats in town that were safe at home were not reported in the news because the one missing cat was the news. In the next day's newspaper I was relieved that I read the missing cat had been found.  That meant I didn't need to keep looking for it as I went about my daily outdoor activities.  That was that ---the cat was back--now there would be no news about that cat because it was no longer missing....no news is good news.

When there is something wrong it will be "News".  Whenever the reported something that is wrong is remedied it is no longer news because of the fact that is has been remedied and is now going good.  So if it is not in the news it must be going well because no news is good news.  The news will move on to report next things that are not going well.  With the situation if efforts to remedy have not worked and things still are not going well it will still be in the news.  You can tell a lot about the news by seeing what is "in" the news and what is "not in" the news.  No news is good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment