My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Thursday, July 23, 2020

"Old Saying Expresses Heartache" by Susan Pearl

"It's a hard pill to swallow".

"It's was a bitter pill to swallow".


I watched a man being interviewed on TV telling how COVID-19 has effected his business.  He finished the interview by saying "It's a hard pill to swallow".

I remembered another time when I had heard that old saying.  An older lady was talking about her life and family.  After she told of the illness and death of their child she finished by saying--and-- "It was a bitter pill to swallow".

Old Sayings express so much in so few words.  They convey feelings that are relatable and understandable to so many at one time.

The Old Saying,
"It was a bitter pill to swallow"--or--- "it's a hard pill to swallow"  tells that something didn't turn out the way you thought it would and it is hard to take what happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment