My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Friday, July 31, 2020

"Old Saying Tells That a Little Can Go a Long Way" by Susan Pearl

"Save for a rainy day".

When I was growing up I had a piggy bank.  I shook and shook the change out of the piggy bank to count it each week.  It was nice to see that after awhile there was enough money to buy something I would like to have
.
During life my husband and I bought things on sale.  I know those small savings here and there helped some for an unexpected car repair part, or pluming bill or an "on sale" appliance replacement.

Buying things on sale was like having a piggy bank with a little bit of savings that over time helped some with those "rainy days" unexpected expenses.

Not everyone has a certain amount of money to set aside for savings each month.  That would be ideal.  But we can watch for sales.  To buy "on sale" the things we need is a small but consistent way to "save for a rainy day".

During this COVID-19 pandemic the circumstances are extremely difficult for many people due to unemployment and businesses struggling.  Strong and steady support systems have to be in place for people to maintain housing, have food and medical care and provide choices for ways forward to get back on their feet and have an income again.

No comments:

Post a Comment