My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

#125 "Integrity" By Susan Pearl

The closing comments at a seminar on working with the activities for residents in a nursing home were the best closing comments I have ever heard.  The instructor started her closing comments by saying, "Be a person of integrity."
The instructor continued, "Be a person that people can count on.  Start your activities on time.  Finish your activities on time.  Be someone the people can count on--be a person of integrity."
I left that seminar with some new thoughts.  I had not thought of integrity having anything to do with being on time.  I had always thought the meaning of integrity as a person doing the right thing even when no one is watching.
Now the word "integrity" was taking on much more meaning to me.  Her words, "Be a person people can count on" made me think of so many new areas that integrty could be applied in life.
I will always remember that seminar and I will always strive to be a person people can count on.

No comments:

Post a Comment