My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

#115 "Leary Three" By Susan Pearl

Since I have been around the track a few times I ahve found that there are three characterists I am a little leary of and proceed with grate caution in the relationship or interactions when these type of characteristics are apparent.
The first characteristic is "empty promises"--People who make promises and don"t keep them.   When this happens over and over again until it becomes habitual in my opinion it is then the person's word losses value.
Now, if you can't take a person for his or her word what do you really have?
The second characteristic I am leary of is what I call "harvest robbers".  This characteristic is manifested when the person that has done the work does not receive credit for his or her hard work and efforts.  Instead, the focus of attention is redirected to another person or another person will take credit for the work of the one whom actually did the work. This type of characteristic is like a person who gets to hold the spotlight and will only shine it on himself or herself or away from any other person not giving the other person an opportunity to shine.  In my opinion , this is very selfish and lacks truth and graditude. I have found that it is a constant struggle to be intertwined with these types of characterists and it does not gel well with what I value to be real and honest.
The third characteristic I am leary of is the characteristic of not taking resoponsibily for a person's own actions.  This also includes being a full able bodied person and having the actions of being dependent on others. In my opinion, this leads to extreme coping mechanisms that after time gets so out of line.  It can lead to a disfunctioal lifestyle that, in my opinion, is not healthy and problematic for others involved in the setting.
I do not judge others but I do have some internal red flags that appear to proceed with caution whenever I am eposed to these chacteristics.
I guess somewhere in going aound the track I learned this to be the best for me and not to be prone to believe the "empty promises", or to be hurt by the "harvest robbers", and to not allow myself to be blamed for the actions of others.  I am just a little leary of those charactertics --they are my leary three.  

No comments:

Post a Comment