My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

#117 " The Illusion Control Exchange Station" By Susan Pearl

I went on a twenty-three hour bus trip and it was a learning journey of a lifetime.
An angry young mother boarded the bus and sat by me with two small children.
This young mother semed very impatient.
Since it was Christmas time I asked, "Going to see family?" Then I found out in a sudden way about her anger because she abruptly answered,"I don't have a family.  I ran away from every foster home I was ever put in.  My mother died of a drug overdose when I was three and they never knew who my father was."
It seemed like I automatically and instinctly asked immediately, "Did it happen in the '60's?"
She quickly answered, "No, it was 1972."
I really didn't have much to say after that but I sure did a lot of thinking.
The main thought that I would like to convey is that sometimes one controlling force can be exchaged for another controlling force.
Like the person who wants to get away from a controling family and joins a cult.
Like the person who is controled by bad memories and pain and turns to the bottle.
Like the person who wants to break the bondage of the establishment so that person embraces the fake freedom of taking drugs.
We have to be watchful that we don't exchage one demanding force with another demanding force.
When we surrender to the illusion of being controlled or being in contol of others it doesn't matter whatever form it comes in, it will be the same thing in a different way.
The sooner we can recognize true freedom then, truly, in my opinion, we shall experience being free.
Free to be independent and not be exchanging one domineering force for another domineering force.
Rather the domineering force is addressed and held in its' place and the compulsion and proneness for it are recognized.
This recognition becomes a new awareness for us to live and enjoy a new freedom that the other lifestyle would have not known or allowed for us to find within ourself.
We stop exchanging one extreme for another extreme and find our balance in between for an amazing and happy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment