My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Monday, February 24, 2020

"Meet me in Kansas" by Susan Pearl

Meet me in Kansas.
Meet me on the wide open even plain.  It is there for us to find at the same time.
Let this wide open even plain become for us a frame of mind,
Without any perimeters from within that would block us from seeing equality's shine.

Meet me in Kansas.
Meet me on the wide open most level of plains of what is true-
Keep it on the level-not looking up or down on me and I shall do the same for you.
For anything uneven will obstruct the clarity of this panoramic full view.

On the wide open even plain there is room for all-
The big, the tall, the short and the small,
All of us can meet, and answer this noble call-
To see that we are all equal and this is the life we live
With respect and dignity for each other to give.

And then if we climb to summits, lofty heights known only by a few,
We shall carry within us a proper perspective, a distinct point of view,
Remembering our common ground--the wide open even plain,
Which teaches us, on it, we all stand the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment