My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Monday, July 11, 2022

"Being Home" by Susan Pearl

 When I was growing there was a kitchen stove under a window overlooking the driveway in front of an attached garage.  The stove had a light on top that could be pulled off and on by a chain pull. It was a reliable practice that if Mother had gone to bed, she left the light on the stove on until the last one was home.  The stove light made a beautiful glow in the kitchen window.  It was a comforting sight because it meant being home and it, also, meant someone else was there and had done the thoughtful welcoming gesture that marked there was someone else thinking of you coming home. 

OH, that glow of light in the kitchen window.

A light in the kitchen window that showed the feeling of being home.

It may seem like a small thing to do but it left an indelible memory in my heart.

The true feeling of being home, I know-

  by having a light left on for me under the kitchen window.

Years pass away-

But uplifting true memories of love stay-

Like a beautiful glow in a kitchen window.

No comments:

Post a Comment