My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Monday, July 4, 2022

"Counting Backwards" by Susan Pearl

 I don't like to count backwards-

A newspaper article made me remember a good friend of mine-

I wondered how long ago did this good friend pass away.

I remember my brother had called me to tell me of the passing-

My brother has been gone now for two years-

So, I counted that my friend's passing would be four years this October.

It didn't seem right that much time had already passed by.

There should be a college graduation in our family in two years.

That seems like quite a ways off from now.

Has it really been two years since my brother is gone?

That amount of time seems so fast-

I don't like counting backwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment