My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Mar.22- "We Almost Met At The Meeting" Part 4 By Susan Pearl

I am chasing a car and chasing a dream, too,
A dream of getting another opportunity of meeting you,
The car is now stopped at an intersection because the light is red,
And maybe the stop light and keep the car from pulling ahead,
Giving me time to get there before the car pulls away,
I think I'm going to get a chance to meet you today,
I'm almost there, just half a block to go,
But now the car is merging in a traffic lane real slow,
I am so breathless I know I won't be able to call out or talk, but,
I have wrtten everything down on a note I have in my pocket,
Oh, no, the note is not there like I thought it would be,
I must have lost it when I fell down so I'll just have to talk to you breathlessly,
Now the light has changed to green and there goes away my dream,
As I'm seeing the car driving to the fast moving lane for the freeway scene,
I almost made it, we almost met, everything was in sight,
Then I hear a car honk and our mutual acquaintance call out,  "Are You alright?"
Our mutual acquaintance had driven after me,
Because someone in the car with him wanted to meet me from the bungalow party,
Oh, could it be? Could it be? Could it be?
Is that you I see?


Who is in the car with the mutual acquaintance?

To be continued,  a blog opera by Susan Pearl

No comments:

Post a Comment