My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Mar.29- "We Almost Met At The Meeting" Part 5 By Susan Pearl

I'm breathless in Rome but I would be speechless anyway,
Because you are before my eyes as I stand here in true dismay,
Our mutual acquaintance asks, "Do you need to go to the hospital for your nose?  Looks like you might need a stitch or two."
But I can only think about seeing you,
Then came as moment that is still hard to believe,
But the wind blew my lost note into my hand like a letter I was suppose to receive,
I said, "Please read this.  I have it all written down for you to understand,
And you smiled at me while you reached for the note with your hand,
Then after you read the note you said, "Well, I have a surprise, too,
Because you didn't know I was the one in charge of the seating at the meeting,
And I purposely arranged the seating that I woud sit by you,
But when you didn't answer my text I waited because I knew you would figure it out and call me next,
Now when your friend called instead of you I had him meet my best friend,
I was still waiting to hear from you but when they fell in love and wanted to elope,
I came with them to celebrate their love and happiness but all the while meeting you was still my hope,
So when I checked my voice messages and there was your message on my phone,
I called you back telling you how much I would love to meet you when I returned from Rome,
So you could have saved youself a lot of trouble if you had checked your voice mail before leaving for Italy",
I said, "But I was in such a hurry wanting for you to have only total honesty, it was so important to me,
And for you to know that I was pretending to be speed reading the instructions at the meeting,
I didn't want you to think I was rude by not returning your text for our greeting,
So where do we go from here?  Can we have a chance--and I mean a chance at romance?"
The answer was, "I would like that very much and who knows,
But for now let's get you  to someone who will take a look at you nose."
So we went for some stiches to be put in my nose, it took three,
And such a very true and honest love began for us by meeting in Rome, Italy.



The End

"We Almost Met At The Meeting"

This has been a five part continuing weekly blog opera by Susan Pearl

No comments:

Post a Comment