My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Mar.15- "We Almost Met At The Meeting" Part 3 By Susan Pearl

The first thing I want to do now that I am in Rome,
Is to look up a mutual acquaintance of the friend to whom I loaned my phone,
So I'm on the porch of the acquaintace trying to knock louder than the music being played inside of this quaint little bungalo,
And then I realize that a party is going on, so, "when in Rome do as the Roman's do", and into the party bungalo I go,
The mutual acquaintance recognizes me and says, "Nice of you to come. Welcome.  You just missed the Bride and Groom. They are now driving away to elope and then go on their honeymoon."
So I knew I went from 'having almost met" to "having just missed" and that was disappointing to say the least,
I couldn't believe how close, once again, I had come to not meet after traveling north, south, west and east,
The acquaintance asked me to stay at the party but I just wasn't in a festive mood,
But decided to stay for awhile because I didn't want to seem rude, and besides there looked like there is some really good food,
The acquaintance went to the window and said,  "Oh, dear, it looks like they are having some car trouble and they really are not that far from here,"
I bolted from the door running faster than I had ever ran before,
I think that I may have actually gotten here in time for us to meet,
Because I can see a stopped car far away down the street,
I think I have gone to "Plan B" which is kind of hard to do,
Because I didn't even have a plan one yet alone a plan two,
But like they say,"Rome wasn't built in one day",
And I think things are finally turning my way,
Whoops!! My feet are slipping.  On the street's loose gravel I am now tripping,
I am falling down.  My nose has hit hard on the ground,
The car, still in the distance, looks like it is starting to drive again,
I'll try to continue to run holding my injured nose with my hand.


Can the car be reached in time?  Is it too late to turn things around?  What is writen on the paper that was left behind from the fall and is now laying on the ground and being swept away with the wind?


To be continued........"We Almost Met At The Meeting"  a blog opera by Susan Pearl

No comments:

Post a Comment