My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Monday, January 31, 2011

#40 "Bird Memories" By Susan Pearl

Our light green parakeet bird was given to us for a gift,
But we had to cover her cage too much because we worked the night shift.
So we regifted the parakeet to a nice place where she could enjoy the light of each day,
And people enjoyed the parakeet there and many were entertained by the noise of her singing away.
So this story from memory has been written to tell,
That if something isn't working out, in another setting it may work out very well.



When I was young I took piano lessons from a lady who had a parakeet bird flying about the music room,
And the bird no doubt affected my concentration when it landed on my shoulder and was singing into my ear,
Or if it landed on the piano keys that were needed to be played- this broke the rhythm of the beat.
I didn't do very good on playing the piano that first year,
Then I decided the bird would have to get out of the way if I had a note to play,
I began to play the piano very well , I just didn't care if the bird landed in my hair.
And I'm telling you if you can play the piano with a bird in your hair-You can play the piano anywhere.
For I had learned more than the playing of the piano from my piano teacher during those years,
If we can learn to live and function with what the aggravations can put us through,
Than we, ourselves, can become far better at what we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment