My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Thursday, September 10, 2020

"Old Sayings With the Generation Who Learned Them" by Susan Pearl

Dear Readers,

I have suggested to use "Old Sayings" for learning sessions and conversations with children especially with this time of school being taught at home more because of COVID-19 precautions.

I, also, would like to suggest that for loved one's with memory issues it can be surprising how many "Old Sayings" they can finish or recite together.  This generation was taught the "Old Sayings" and these sayings are stored in their memory. Sometimes this can be a connection to have some quality time together and be in the moment together which means a lot.

So with memory loss for loved ones the "Old Sayings" can be a special time of together.  I have seen this happen when I was an Activity Director at a nursing home for thirteen years and wanted to share this with you.

Thank You.  

Best Wishes,
Susan Pearl 

No comments:

Post a Comment