My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Thursday, June 25, 2020

"Old Saying is Like Artwork" by Susan Pearl

"Don't bite the hand that feeds you".

They say that good artwork is art that over time you look at it and you can see something new.  Something you haven't seen being there before.  I think sometimes that as we age we see things that we didn't see before in a lot of areas of our life.  This old saying is one of those times for me.
When I was very young I thought of a dog biting the hand of its owner when being fed.  That would be a "No-No".

Then in my middle years I thought of my paycheck and how it fed our family and that I would not do anything to cause harm to my employer.  My employer was the "hand" feeding me because I could buy groceries with my paycheck.

Then as I got older I see the "hand" that feeds us as the laborers in the field doing the work.  They are the ones who are actually putting the food into containers to leave the fields and be brought into the distribution process.

"Don't bite the hand that feeds you" is like artwork because over time I can see something new in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment