My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Monday, June 22, 2020

"Old Saying Describes People Who Want the Best for All" by Susan Pearl

"They're the salt of the earth".

When I was growing up this old saying was used to expressed sentiments or an opinion that another person is as good as people come.
As I have gotten older I have the thoughts of how salt is used to preserve certain items and that comes to mind.  I think "preservation and recognition of fairness" when I think of this this old saying.  There are things we truly want to preserve and we are responsible for doing so.  We have a responsibility to preserve our environment, we have a responsibility to preserve our freedoms and moral values.  We have a responsibility to treat others with respect for their rights and with dignity for their life.  I could go on and on about the important things that we hold dear and that we have been given through the lives and sacrifice of those who have gone before us.  We have to preserve the willingness to listen and to learn, to change and to attain peaceful and agreed upon solutions.
"They're the salt of the earth" means so much in so many ways.  There has been vast years of contributions of laboring hard works in inhuman conditions for our country to attain prosperity that need to be recognized and preserved in the rightful place of acknowledgement and gratitude they deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment