My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Monday, August 19, 2019

"Why is That?" by Susan Pearl

My husband and I watch a popular evening game show.  After the show is over we try to remember the eight or nine puzzle solves.  Last night my husband said the first solve then I said the second solve.  Then my husband said the third solve and I "passed".  Then my husband said the fourth solve and I "passed".  My husband said the fifth solve and I "passed",again. My husband skipped the sixth solve and went on to say the seventh solve. I "passed".  He said the eighth puzzle solve.  There was only the sixth puzzle solve left to remember and all of a sudden I remembered it.  Just then our son called to visit and casually asked how our memory game went that evening.  I quickly said that I had saved the day by remembering the last puzzle that we both had forgotten.  Then my thoughts directed me to maybe I wasn't being fair to my husband for remembering six of the eight puzzles.  So I explained I had passed for most of the puzzle solves but I remembered the last one to finish all of the solves so I felt like I had won the game for us.  There is no "I" in the word "team" so it was really a team effort and I have to give credit where credit is due.  But it seems with games the one who scores the last winning score is the one who wins the game --why is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment