My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Sunday, March 21, 2021

"My Own Passing Of The Torch" by Susan Pearl

 My passing of the torch to the next generation was a fifteen year process. I knew it was the right thing to do,  I had my turn and now it was their turn.  So I handed the torch to the next generation and for many years I said that I would just run beside them in case they needed any help I would be right there.  Time went on.  I made an occasional suggestion like, "Don't take the torch down that path as we don't know where it will lead or how far it will go.  Go this way as it is the shortest way."  I was wanting short daily distances each day because keeping up was getting harder for me and I thought in terms of only what I could still do instead of how much more they were capable of doing.  

I, also, knew going down new ways would be good to give others the opportunity to see the torch  and give new thoughts and new discussions. 

Then more years passed and I had more aging processes to manage and I could tell that I actually would be slowing down their carrying of the torch if I still tried to run beside them.  They were perfectly capable to carry the torch on their own and then someday pass it on when it is time to do so.  It took me fifteen years but I actually came to realize that I did my part while I could and for now I will watch the next generation have their turn. I know they will keep the torch lit and raised high for years to come for all to see....and I say that confidently.

No comments:

Post a Comment