My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Monday, November 23, 2020

"Not a Good Idea" by Susan Pearl

When we first moved to the country it was a brand new experience to me.  The drive way to our house had an unique circle if parking by the front porch.  I wanted that area to be exceptionally pretty so I decided to put in a rock garden in the circle of the drive.

My husband cautioned me me that he did not like rocks because they attract snakes.  Snakes like to sun on the rocks and snakes like to hide under the rocks.  I promised him I would be very watchful.

One day I was working in the rock garden and I saw something light in color that almost looked like a  long piece of paper.  I reached for it and as I removed it I realized it was a snakeskin.  That's all it took.  I realized the rock garden was not a good idea....so "bye-bye" rock garden.  I think a very short frequently mowed stand of grass would be a better idea and, in fact, much easier, too.

My vision of having a beautiful rock garden came to a sudden end the moment I found the snakeskin.


No comments:

Post a Comment