My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Tuesday, November 17, 2020

"Did it Happen in the Sixties?" by Susan Pearl

Because of my age I went through my teen age years during the "sixties".   The "sixties" were called an age of enlightenment.  It went forward with promoting a new culture of freedom as a way of life that is not inhibited for having true self expression.  It has been sixty years since the "sixties".  The time that has passed has brought about a whole generation being raised by "the sixties" concept of freedom and viewpoints to live a free life that is not limited to old standards and narrowmindedness.

Over twenty years ago years ago I was sitting by a young woman who was obviously angry.  It was close to the holidays and so I just casually asked "Are you going to be with family for the holidays"?  She looked directly at me and said,  "I don't have a family.  I never had a family.  They never knew who my dad was and my mother died from an overdose when I was one year old, I ran away from every foster home I was ever placed in and I'm telling you the system doesn't work".  Somehow, I automatically asked, "Did it happen in the sixties"?

She answered abruptly "No, it was 1970".  To this day I think of her and wonder how her life went.  I hope it has gone well for her.

The reason I am writing this is to give my humble opinion that sometimes the differences of we face now may have been put into place many years ago and have grown to be recognized, respected and even appreciated for the insight and their truth   Generations have had completely different experiences in life and that is all they have ever known. They want to have their reality to be part of the picture in a very real way and with an awareness for all to see.  This is meant for the benefit of all to bring the understanding needed for coming together in a renewed way with better insights and perceptions for the years to come.

It can work out when everyone is wanting the best for all and willing to work for it and willing to change to accommodate progress for a greater good.   

No comments:

Post a Comment