My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Friday, October 2, 2020

"Two Different Philosophies" by Susan Pearl

Many years ago was a time in our life when we made an annual eight hour drive to see our daughter and family.
The route we chose to take was very desolate for several hours on the trip.  One time we drove for over an hour and didn't see another car.  We live in a rural area and little traffic and no city driving are more comfortable and familiar to us.
Some friends asked if I could come with them to where our daughter lived because they would appreciate my help on the trip.  They would be driving back an extra vehicle and I could read the road map for the wife if needed.  I was happy to go with them and have an opportunity to see family again.
I noticed the route that they took was a different route then my husband and I took.
This route was very busy with traffic and had a large city to navigate through to make the necessary
highway exchanges to stay on route.  I commented that we took another way and didn't have traffic or city driving.  They replied by telling me that they didn't feel comfortable to take that route because it was too desolate. They said if they needed help there wouldn't be anyone.
This intrigued me because they were choosing one way and we chose another way to go to the same destination.  Two different ways, no right or wrong, both have advantages and disadvantages,  I was surprised they chose traffic and they were surprised we would take such a desolate way.
Does this mean we had two different philosophies and still liked each other? 

No comments:

Post a Comment