My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Saturday, October 31, 2020

"I Didn't Mind" by Susan Pearl

Lately, my husband and I are making homemade bread in the bread machine more often.   It is absolutely a treat and so delicious to have a warm slice of homemade bread.

I remember visiting with a lovely elderly lady many years ago.  She told me of raising her family and making nine loaves of bread twice a week.  I must have exclaimed, "Oh, My"!!!  because I remember her saying, "I didn't mind" and then giving a beautiful smile with love glistening from her eyes.

I could tell the joy of seeing her family enjoying her homemade bread meant so very much to her.  She made more than bread because, with me, she made an impression ---and a lasting impression it is.

Now I am an elderly lady and her words, "I didn't mind", still reach my heart more than ever before.  She made more than nine loaves of bread twice a week--she made wonderful memories, and her sharing of those memories with the words, "I didn't mind", made a lasting impression on me.  We just don't know how far our efforts and acts of kindness will reach or who they will touch in the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment