My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Monday, May 15, 2017

" The Revisit Visit " by Susan Pearl

We met for an afternoon visit,
We revisited the past events we had shared many years ago
   and some were happy to recall and some were sad to remember.
So, we spent the afternoon revisiting and not visiting about the present day-
Along with the walk down memory lane were things I had done when I was young,
These memories brought embarrassment and pubic humiliation-
   and as others laughed at me----it was not fun.
Now, how I wish we had visited and not revisited the past the whole afternoon away.
I think we missed an opportunity so know each other in the "now" of today---
   maybe we can visit again soon with something new to say.
If not I'll have to just let it go and think there was really nothing new to know,
   and public humiliation is not for me because I am not the same person I used to be.
I have worked very hard and made countless efforts in behalf for the good of all-
There is a lot more of my life to recall-
-and to put me through an afternoon of public embarrassment-
   Let's just say that I have better things to do-
So now when I notice someone being teased about the past,
I make an effort to direct the conversation to the good the person has done-
   because I know public embarrassment is not fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment