My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Monday, October 10, 2016

" Thoughts About a Picture" by Susan Pearl

There is a picture of two beach chairs under a large umbrella by the ocean that truly intrigues me every time I see it.

The beach chairs are empty so naturally I wonder why.

Could it be that beach chairs are empty because they are awaiting us to come and relax on the beach?
(like an invitation for a future vacation)

Could it be that the beach chairs are being used but the two people are currently doing something else like a swim in the ocean or a walk on the beach?  This conveys to me that there are more things to do at a beach than just to relax.
(like an invitation to have even more to do than just relax)

An, finally, could it be that the scene is to remind of past times enjoyed on a vacation or time of relaxation and fun and somehow it is inviting us to take time to do these activities again.
(like another invitation)

Whatever it is, there is something about that picture that intrigues me and gives me pause whenever I see it.  It pulls me in and then invites me into thought and exceptional contemplation.. That is what art is supposed to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment