My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Monday, October 24, 2016

" Comparison is a Thief " By Susan Pearl

The expression "Comparison is a Thief" is relatively new to me,
I saw it for the first time last year on a sign for a home decoration,
There is something about that expression that makes me ponder--
     what does it mean?

It may mean something to me and not have that same meaning to others,
For instance:

I was thinking what do I compare the most.
The answer is that I compare how things are to how things used to be.
How can comparing the past to the present or
     comparing the present to the past be a thief?

I am older now and when I think what I can do now
      as to what I used to be able to do,
      I am comparing  the present to the past.
When I think how much I could do to how much I can do,
      I am comparing the past to the present.
It is a waste of time and that is what the thief means to me,
     comparison is a waste of time, 
     comparison steals our time.

We cannot ever get that lost time back.

The past is gone, things have moved on and changes have taken place,
So enjoy the party of today and not compare it to yesterday's party.

Comparison is a thief.
It steals our time and it can steal our joy of the day.

Comparing ourselves to others,
Comparing others to ourselves,
Once again,  a precursor to grief,
     because "Comparison is a Thief",

Comparison is a bad habit
     that keeps the spontaneity of the moment from happening.
It's like a stuck record repeating over and over again the same thing.
We have to retrain our brain to get out of the deep comparison groove
   and to do so is a very important and worthwhile move.
For we will hear the entire original song that is new each day
     and be in the moment of life that is unlike any other previous way.



No comments:

Post a Comment