My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Friday, July 20, 2012

July 20 - "Never Mind" By Susan Pearl

My husband was working the night shift.
I was getting ready to go to my day shift job.
We lived in the country and it was winter and a little icy.
I went to the detached garage and there was a brown reddish colored frozen substance on the cement in front of the slightly lifted up garage door.
The brown and reddish substance looked as if there were also droplets leading to the garage door.
I knew instantly an animal had been wounded and this animal was now in our garage.
I certainly wasn't going to lift the garage door all the way up to look or to get into the car so I ran or rather slid back to the house.
I nervously unlocked the house and called my workplace immediately to tell them I would be late for work because there was some kind of wounded animal in our garage.
I was going to wait for my husband to get home.
It wasn't long and I saw him driving on the road towards home.
I ran from the house to warn him of the impending potential for harm.
I flagged him down as he pulled into our yard from the road and I excitedly and breathlessly brought him up to date on the dangerous situation.
He paused in thought and then said, "I dropped my hot chocolate container while getting into the vehicle parked in front of garage last night.  It was like the container exploded and hot chocolate went everywhere."
I said, "You're telling me that is not frozen blood on the cement but it is frozen hot chocolate."
He answered, "Yes."
I went to work and as I entered the building I was asked about the wounded animal in our garage.
Word had traveled fast.
I said, "It wasn't what I thought.  It was frozen hot chocolate on the cement ----------------- never mind."

No comments:

Post a Comment