My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Jan. 9- "My Dollhouse Windows" By Susan Pearl

When I was young my dollhouse gave me so many hours of play,
And for some reason I don't think I ever really put it away,
At first I wanted only rose colored windows for my dollhouse world of pretend,
I liked seeing things through rose colored windows back then,
As I thought everyone and everything was my friend,
But one day my world of pretend came to an end,
My dollhouse toppled over while it sat safely on the floor,
This shaterered the rose colored windows---they were no more.
I replaced the rose colored windows with clear windows one by one,
Until I put the last clear window in place and I was finally done,
I liked looking at life through these windows that were clear,
And I wanted these windows to sparkle and shine year after year,
So I could see things and people as clearly as I possibly could,
Showing me the things about life and myself to be understood,
The clear glass windows have lasted until my older days,
But now the windows are being removed and given away,
And I will now have new lightly tinted windows everywhere,
Windows with no glare so I can see what I think is really there,
And I see my dear memories through a tinted window 'sort of way',
Because there are some areas of them that are now a little cloudy and gray.

No comments:

Post a Comment