My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Tuesday, August 10, 2021

"My Change in Thinking About What Constitutes a Big Day" by Susan Pearl

 It is surprising to me how I have changed my perceptions on some things over time.

An example was yesterday.  We had taken pictures to email throughout the day and had some lovely tele-visits, too.

I said that I had put on my lipstick three different times for all of the activities. 

At the end of the day I thought-"any time I put my lipstick on three different times in the same day--

that has been a big day".

And then I had to laugh at myself because when I was young my idea of a big day had nothing to do with lipstick applications but rather it had everything to do if I could get it all done that I needed to do and had been scheduled to do plus unexpected happenings to be tended to throughout the day.

I think back then I put my lipstick on once in the morning and that was it for the day unless there was a special occasion to attend.

I am surprised I had the thought to judge a big day by how many times I had put on my lipstick.  Does that even make sense?  At my age it does and is perfectly reasonable, too,---- to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment